FAITH- BASED DRUG DEMAND REDUCTION PROGRAM IN 10 DISTRICTS OF KHYBER PAKHTUNKHWA AND 10 FATA / PATA REGIONS OF PAKISTAN
Donor: International Narcotics Law Enforcement- INL/ US Embassy Project Locations
Districts: Swat, Swabi, Mansehra, Haripur, Nowshera, Kohat, Bannu, Charsadda, and D.I Khan
FATA/ PATA Regions: Bajaur Agency (Khaar), Malakand Protected Area (Dargai), Mohmand Agency (Ghalanai), Khyber Agency (LandiKotal), Orakzai Agency (Hangu), FR Tank and Peshawar / FR Peshawar
Project Duration: December 15, 2013 to December 14, 2014
The overall goal of the project is to mobilize religious leaders and establish community-based services for drug abuse prevention, treatment and rehabilitation in 10 FATA/ PATA regions and 10 Districts of KP.
1. To mobilize religious leaders and mosques for drug demand reduction activities in thecommunity.
2. To reach out to drug users and their families with motivational and counseling services.
3. To provide residential treatment and rehabilitation services to drug users.
4. To establish community based aftercare, follow-up and job placement services for recoveringclients.
5. To provide vocational skills training to ensure alternate means of income and employment for clients andfamilymembers.
6. To prevent drug abuse especially among school and madrassa going children.
7. To train youth as community volunteers in self-help initiatives.
8. To prevent the transmission of HIV and other blood borne diseases through primary prevention program.
9. To establish coordination and referral linkages with community based organizations and governmental organizations.